Rats and mice have adapted themselves well to an intimate relationship with human in their own environment and are very successful in terms of their survival abilities.
Rats and mice are the most destructive vertebrates on earth to human property. Their constant gnawing causes serious damage to household item , equipment, machinery parts , wires and cables causing breakdowns of telephone systems and short circuits resulting in fires.
Rats and Mice are also responsible for the causing enormous economic losses by consuming and contaminating vast quantities of food.
Rodents play an important role as vectors of many human diseases such as plague, leptospirosis, murine typhus, rat bite fever and salmonellosis.
Norway or sewage rats – (Rattus Norvegicus)
Roof Rats – (Rattus Rattus Diardii)
Little Mouse rats – ( Rattus Exulans)
House Mouse – (Mus Musculus)
Sign of infestation
- Droppings found
- Rubmarks on wall
- Burrows in the garden
- Gnawings Mark
How to get rid of this?
- Thorough inspection to identify the source or entry point
- Provide professional advice to customer for structure proofing if any
- Improve environmental sanitation
- Improve housekeeping to deny rodents of food, water & shelter
- Trappings such as cages, glue boards, etc
- Rodenticides for rapid control of high density rat population